Cittadella di Assisi is located in the historical centre, precisely in Via Ancajani n° 3.
Once you arrive in Assisi:
- Follow the road signs to “Centro–S. Francesco (prima entrata)” [Centre–S. Francesco (first entrance)]
- Cross the transit ban (limited traffic area; access allowed for those who have a reservation; no security cameras)
- Enter through “Porta S. Francesco” (traffic light); go down to the right, until you reach the “Chiesa di S. Pietro”
- Proceed to the left (leaving “Porta S. Pietro” and the homonymous church to your right)
- Take the first street to the left, then go immediately to the right. Just after a STOP sign, you can reach Cittadella di Assisi (on the left there is the Library, on the right there is the entrance with the reception).
Cittadella Ospitalità can be reached by the highway SS75 (if you arrive from the south, it is reachable by the A1 exit of Orte; if you arrive from the north, you can reach it by the A1 exit of Valdichiana). Follow the directions to Assisi, then the south exit Assisi/S. Maria degli Angeli will lead you directly to us.
For those who are coming from the North.
- From the Tyrrhenian coast – After leaving the A1 motorway at the Valdichiana toll gate, proceed towards Perugia on the motorway link. Proceed towards Cesena on the SS3bis, then take the exit towards Assisi/Foligno/Spoleto. Exit at Assisi/S. Maria degli Angeli Sud, then, once at the junction, follow the directions to Assisi. After 5 km (crossing S. Maria degli Angeli), you will get to Assisi.
- From the Adriatic coast – Leave the A14 motorway at the Ancona Nord exit, and continue on the SS76 towards Rome/Jesi/Fabriano. Once on the SS3bis, take the exit towards Perugia, then the one towards Assisi/Foligno/Spoleto. Exit at Assisi/S. Maria degli Angeli Sud, then, at the junction, follow the directions for Assisi. After 5 km (crossing S. Maria degli Angeli), you will get to Assisi.
- From the E45 Cesena/Ravenna, take the exit to Assisi/Foligno/Spoleto. Exit at Assisi/S. Maria degli Angeli Sud. At the junction, follow the directions for Assisi. After 5 km (crossing S. Maria degli Angeli), you will get to Assisi.
For those who are coming from the South.
- From the Tyrrhenian coast – After leaving the A1 motorway at the Orte toll gate, proceed on the E45 towards Terni. Just before Terni, exit on the SS3Bis towards Perugia and keep going towards Cesena. Then, take the exit towards Assisi/Foligno/Spoleto and take the exit to Assisi/S. Maria degli Angeli Sud. At the junction, follow the signs for Assisi. After 5 km (crossing S. Maria degli Angeli), you will get to Assisi.
- From the Adriatic coast – Exit the A14 motorway at Macerata/Civitanova Marche going towards Macerata. Then, take the junction for Macerata/Tolentino and enter the SS77 towards Rome. Follow the road signs to Roma/Camerino/Foligno/Visso and proceed on the SS77, until you reach the junction of the SS3 towards Perugia. Then, take the exit SS75 towards Foligno Nord/Perugia. Exit at Assisi/S. Maria degli Angeli Sud, and once you reach the junction follow the signs to Assisi. After 5 km (crossing S. Maria degli Angeli), you will get to Assisi.
The name of the train station is “Assisi – Santa Maria degli Angeli” (4 km from the centre of Assisi), and it is part of the Perugia–Terni railway line managed by the F.S. (www.trenitalia.com).
It can be reached:
- from Rome – to Orte/Terni/Foligno
- from the North – by the Florence/Rome railway line via Arezzo/Terontola
- from Ancona – via Fabriano/Foligno railway line.
At the train station you can find the bus connections: Line C, with Piazza Giovanni Paolo II (former Unità d’Italia) in front of Porta S. Pietro, which is 200 meters away from us.
Alternatively, you can choose a taxi service (Radio Taxi Assisi, via Arco dei Priori 1A, +39 075 813100). The taxi service time goes from 6:00 to 24:00 (from 24:00 to 06:00 it is by reservation).
The nearest airport is the Aeroporto Internazionale dell’Umbria “Perugia San Francesco loc. Sant’Egidio” (11th km).
The airport has been recently expanded and modernized: the architect Gae Aulenti designed the project for the new terminal. The airport offers free parking, and it is also possible to rent cars from the main national companies; here usually depart domestic flights to Cagliari and Trapani, but also International flights: Ryanair for Great Britain (London/Stansted), Spain (Barcelona/Girona), Belgium (Brussels/Charleroi & Belleair) and for Albania (Tirana).
Contacts: + 39 075 592141 – www.airport.umbria.it – firstname.lastname@example.org
Once landed, you can reach Perugia by bus (15 km away – journey time: 20 min). Even though there is no direct bus to Assisi/S. Maria degli Angeli, there is a connection furnished by the A.P.M. (http://www.umbriamobilita.it/it), namely, the extra-urban line E006 Perugia/Bettona/Assisi departing from Piazza Partigiani.
A quicker alternative are the trains departing from Fontivegge Station or, if you prefer, the taxi service.
Bus connection from/to Perugia – Terminal Aeroporto San Francesco, loc. of Sant’Egidio
Route: Piazza Italia – F.S. Station Fontivegge – S. Francesco Airport Terminal, loc. of Sant’Egidio (and vice versa).
Management company: Sulga / A.C.A.P.
For scheduling and further information, call the toll-free number: 800.099.661
Contacts: +39 075 5009641 – www.sulga.it – email@example.com – Tariff € 3.50
Alternatively, you can opt for a taxi service: Radio Taxi Assisi, via Arco dei Priori 1A, +39 075 813100. The taxi service time goes from 6:00 to 24:00 (from 24:00 to 06:00 it is available upon reservation).